Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cow story

Um...

Hello. Stop eating my mom's garden, please.

No really, go home.

No, the other way.

Atta girl.

One day on our most recent OK trip, Dad and I tried to convince this cow to join her own kind on the other side of a neighbor's fence. With some help from a few other neighbors who knew more about cows and fences than we do, we succeeded.

Of course, that was after I followed her down their street, by myself, in my PJs, with the whole neighborhood on their porches laughing at me. Seriously, I needed some help.

Finally, an older couple came out, with a piece of twine they use as a leash for their chihuahua. Um. OK. You rope that cow and lead her home. That can be your job, lady.

And there were some scary houses that I just stood on the road watching while she perused the backyards. I wasn't about to snoop around the broken down cars and refrigerators.

The neighbors and I sent her back down to her corner where Dad and a neighbor were waiting with a low spot in the fence. And the fun was over.

The next day, on the way to church, we saw a black cow roaming the neighborhood, but Mom wouldn't let me get out to chase her. Bummer.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hilarious and thank you for sharing! I love the way you share your stories! :)