Last year, I had a run-in with the neighbor children that live next to the people right behind us (does that make sense?). They are diagonal from us, but our neighbor directly behind doesn't have a fence and the kids aren't watched too closely, so they wander about quite freely. Anyway, last year, there was an incident involving LARGE rocks being lifted over the fence and dropped in our yard and screaming in my face and climbing the fence...and then they never came back.
So I've had negative feelings for these kids for a year straight.
Then, our neighbor Steve befriended them, let them play in his yard, took them for walks around the neighborhood, and basically made me feel like dirt for not being able to get along with them.
Last week, they were hanging out with Steve and we were in our backyard. They showed some interest in our ball, so I told Laura to toss it to them and maybe they would throw it back. Well...now we have a nice running game of volleyball. Laura has been over the fence to run around with them and roll down the hill. We've been in their house to see their bird and have a cookie. Relations are restored. Laura is delighted to have playmates nearby and I am happy too.
No comments:
Post a Comment