Monday, April 26, 2010

Exploring

So I had a few planned blog posts that were lost with the hard drive, but not many. And nothing that probably won't happen again, so I can retake the pictures. There was a few cute ones of the kids in the rain with umbrellas and Laura's new rain jacket. But, oh well.

I read an awesome post on another blog that applied very well to me the last few weeks and she says it so much better than I ever could. Here's my favorite part:

I deployed the Shark Parenting Method—never stop moving—to great success yesterday, with a trip to the farm, a picnic, and two epic playground visits, practically twirling my mustache with glee as they ran themselves ragged. Oh ho ho, I thought, everyone’s going to sleep great tonight. (Naturally, Dylan woke up howling at least five times between midnight and 4 AM.)

(I very much enjoy Linda's writing and empathize with many of her posts, but I wouldn't recommend her blog for the easily-offended. She's not shy with her language or imagery.)

Anyway, we've been very busy also lately. Today, we went to Valley, a playground, home for a nap and lunch, to the zoo with Michelle and Odin, to the mall for shoe shopping and the play area, and a game of ball over the fence with the neighbors. whew!

Off to explore

No comments: