Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Chinese embassy

laura and I ventured out alone in a taxi today. It actually wasnt near the big deal that I had built it up to be. We went to the Chinese embassy to pick up our visas. It took 3 hours of waiting in a huge room full of people to spend two minutes at the desk picking them up. Just soooo many people! Laura did well, considering she was bored hungry and tired by the time we left. Looks like we might have a trip to Beijing and Xian confirmed, but havent paid yet so nothings written in stone.

Laura has been sleeping A LOT lately. 13 1/2 hours at night and a 2-3 hour nap or more during the day. The nighttime sleep is normal, but that's a really long nap for laura. Not that I'm complaining, but it does make me wonder what's going on when i have to wake her up at 4 so she can back to sleep at 6:30. Maybe its just a growth spurt.

Now that I'm brave enough to take a cab, maybe we'll go to the childrens museum this week. Never did find the library. It wasnt where the book said it was. Must have moved.

Jim wanted me to mention the flat napkins that i bought the other day. they were 40 cents cheaper than folded ones. I think he's teasing me, but I was excited. Now, we just have really thin, large napkins. Ha

Found a frozen butterball turkey at a fancy grocery store, but it almost $30, so I think we'll skip it and wait till Christmas . Support the "eating locally" lifestyle that I preach. Can't remember if I mentioned the avocado situation? Several people asked if they have avocados over here and apparently they grow here, but you can only get them when they're in season and right now they're not. They're on menus and everything, but you can't find them any where. Guess I grudgingly respect that, but I really like avocados, so I'm a little torn. Oh well.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey! Sounds like things are going pretty well. I imagine Laura's sleeping is due to all the new things and places you are exposing her to. She is also probably growing like a weed! She seems just dandy in the videos. I showed my 5th and 6th graders the "honk honk" videos and they think she is the best thing on youtube! : ) I love you, me