I woke up at 10:00 this morning. I sincerely havent done that in five or more years! And to imagine laura sleeping that long is just beyond my comprehension. I ran in there after it finally dawned on me what time it was and she was happily hanging out in her crib. I don't know what's wrong with either of us. But it did start the day off very strangely, to say the least. Jim and I stayed up until midnight (gasp!) watching a movie, but normally my body would still wake me up by 8.
The rest of the day went well, though. Laura still took a fine nap and went to bed fine. We went to a little gym with tunnels and slides and a ball pit and had fun. And we paid for and confirmed our trip to china at last! We'll see lots of things, including the great wall, tianamen square, forbidden city, and the terracotta soldier army. We're done with the anxiety of trying to find and book the trip and now can begin the anxiety of travelling with a toddler on all these tours. But I'm just going to have to chill about it. She did great on most of our adventures so far and we'll just make sure we takebreaks when we need to, even if that means we miss seeing something. Now we're trying to decide if its worth the money to also go to Angkor wat in Cambodia. Anyone heard of it or been there? Jim has his heart set on it so we'll probably try to make it work out. And I'd really like to go down to a town called legaspi on this island. You can swim with whale sharks and they have a bamboo village built on stilts on a black sand beach. Sounded pretty cool. Will keep you updated.
Just looked outside and saw that its raining. Didn't bring an umbrella so I'll have a wet walk home. Oh well. At least its warm. Actually when it wasnt downpouring today, it was great weather. Around 65 F I think. Very nice change from the heat and humidity.
No comments:
Post a Comment