Laura and I had a successful outing Monday morning. She woke up at 6:45 and after I got over being bitter (I've really gotten used to sleeping in lately), I decided we'd take the opportunity to get on the road before it got too busy. Only problem is that most museums here are closed on Monday's, just like in the States, and the malls don't open until 10am. So, we found a Park and Wildlife center in Quezon city (another suburb north of here) and took a cab to check it out. It turned out to be a very nice morning and we really enjoyed it. The cab ride there was really easy because we were early and going against traffic. And the park was great. it was in the middle of the city, but was a little oasis of nature. The grounds were huge, and included a very beautiful lake and lots of open grassy area with benches. There were chickens, dogs and cats roaming the grounds free and some interesting animals (mostly birds) in big cages. I was worried that I would have some ethical issues with the way the animals were living, but it seemed clean and safe to my uneducated eyes. One of the areas was for animals that were hurt. It said they were being rehabilitated to be re-released into the wild. There were monkeys, bearcats, parrots, and some other animals that I didn't recognize. After that, we looked for the zoo that was on the map, but I couldn't find. Then it started to rain, so we took another cab back home. The ride home wasn't bad either! All in all, we had a nice time.
Laura's favorite part was a speed bump in the road:

The bamboo curving over the walk was beautiful:

Here's a pic of Laura in front of a rubber tree.

1 comment:
Glad you found a wildlife park. Maybe you will find one in China. Have a safe trip and we will look forward to seeing you.
Post a Comment