Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Yellowstone trip - animal summary


On the way home, we made a list of all the animals we saw on the trip.  It is a post I don't really have to think about much, so I'm writing it today while I'm feeling lazy.
We saw a ton of wildlife, however there was never that super powerful moment like I remember from last time of a herd of elk or bison swarming the road forcing you to sit still for 30 minutes while they  amble past your window. Or stopping on the side of the road to look through someone else scope to view bears or wolves.

Big Horn Sheep

lots of prairie dogs

Marmot

Marmot

Bison

Scary ravens in the Old Faithful parking lot

Lots of Pronghorn
A Bear at Jenny Lake (we saw him from a boat)
Elk
Cows
Pelicans in North Dakota
Ducks
Seagulls
Goats
Squirrels
Chipmunks
Hawks
Buzzards
Trout (huge ones swimming up rapids in Yellowstone and even bigger ones from a bridge near our house)
2 snakes!
Lizard
And we were minutes away from seeing a mountain goat in the badlands :(



No comments: