Adam's enjoying Summer in the Park with his best friend Grant.
Laura's been going to summer band at the middle school, figuring out the maze of the school and finding out that she already knows a lot of nice kids going she'll be going to school with from track, church, and elementary.
Both kids have neighborhood friends to visit during the day. Sometimes, I hardly see them, sometimes they are with me all day.
July 4th was perfect! The weekend before, we joined good friends and neighbors for their annual party and fireworks. The day of, the kids and I took out the paddle board with two tubes attached. Those tubes made it so much more fun! There was jumping from tube to board to tube to tube to board, attacking each other's 'ships', cannonballing, tipping each other over...so fun. No pictures because I vowed my phone had to stay in the dry bag (my previous phone is at the bottom of a lake just after I had the brilliant idea that I could read an ebook while on the paddle board). That night, we found a good spot to watch the city's fireworks, while Adam just about fell asleep. Such a great day!


Tons of kids in the street with sparklers. What could go wrong?
The kids and I spent a quick morning at the Como Zoo. They have camps and stuff starting next week, so we decided to enjoy this type of outing while we can. Because we probably haven't been to a zoo in 3 years, they really enjoyed seeing the animals. I think we overdid it a bit when they were little so zoos kind of lost their magic. It was fun to go back.
Ms. Ava is getting a little gray in the muzzle, but still as spry as ever.
Adam made a fidget spinner
Laura's getting comfortable as an altar server.
The kids and I checked out the newly remodeled Children's Museum in St. Paul. We love most of the changes, but there are a few things they took out that were missed, particularly the pretend city.








1 comment:
Please plan my summer for me- as yours looks perfect!
Post a Comment