Monday, October 25, 2010

San Diego 2010 - Day 3

Nothing worked out as planned today, but we all ended the day happily anyway. Adam is still sick, but slept worlds better than the night before. He was up at 4:45 though, with Laura behind him at 5:15. The time change is killing us. It promised to be a midly rainy day, so we nixed the Wild Animal Park (now the Safari Park) and headed into the mountains to check out the Julian apple pie. We ate 3rd breakfast at a place we have enjoyed in the past and topped it off with a slice of warm apple pumpkin pie. The wind and rain made it impossible to see anything or enjoy the small town shops, so the drive turned out to be kind of a bust. We headed back into San Diego proper and found the children's museum. Another bust. The kids got some wiggles out, but it only had about 8 exhibits, only a few of which were interesting. It made me appreciate St Paul's Children's Museum even more. We drove by the Star of India on the way out of town, and picked up In N Out. We were home by 2 and put Adam down for a short nap. I napped too, while Laura watched some PBS and Jim did laundry while studying. We were all rejuvinated after the break and enjoyed the afternoon around the hotel. There was an uppity little farmer's market / handmade craft sale within walking distance. I bought some awesome Indian food for my dinner and we picked up an avocado and 3 of the most delicious oranges ever. You seriously start to appreciate good produce when you start to shop semi-seasonally. Particularly when you live in Minnesota and haven't had a good orange in 4 years (since we left San Diego). Oh boy, these are good oranges. I bought 3, but I wish I'd bought more. Laura is devouring them, too. Bedtime went great (so far) and I have high hopes for sleeping in tomorrow morning, at least until 6:00!

Wild Animal Park tomorrow!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Day 3 and you've hit all the must eat's. What I wouldn't do for some Wahoo fish tacos right now.
Sounds like a great trip thus far, I hope the success keeps up!