Monday, February 8, 2010

a week's worth of deep thoughts

-I discovered that the french place on the way home from Adam's ECFE class has a drive thru. Oh dear. I haven't been going because he's usually not on restaurant behavior after class, but now I can have my yummy food and eat it in peace too! I think I'll save my one lunch a week out for ECFE days now. Among other things, this week I got the mini spinach goat cheese quiche. I couldn't choke down the spinach, so I pawned it off on Adam. He devoured it, and I loved the goat cheese quiche-y part. A match made in heaven.

-Adam is wearing the socks Laura wore when she was 2 years old.

-I think Adam was trying to say "baby" when we were looking at a book today, but its a tough call.

-I caught the kids conspiring against me yesterday while we were baking something. I had asked them not to eat whatever it was quite yet, but as my back was turned, I heard giggling. I sneaked a peek and they were shoveling it in their mouths quickly. OK, there's the obvious disobedience that had to be dealt with. But I must say that I much prefer this to Laura's tattling or Adam's screaming. Its fun to see them bond, even if its against me. I'm tough, I can handle it (for now).

-Laura's been voluntarily setting the table for dinner lately. That's great and genuinely helpful. But the best part is that she has made up a game where each person ends up being either the "popcorn", the "frozen goat" or the "rotten egg". I don't know where those names came from, but its exciting to see who will end up being each one. Sometimes, there's even a "popcorn for the spoons" and a "popcorn for the plates". My life is one thrill after another!

-Our last storm might be a good argument for a snow blower. or a smaller driveway. or moving to Dallas.

-There should be a special name for that snow left at the end of your driveway by the snow plow. Like "chiropractor's friend" or "heart attack maker" or "rocky, icy, heavy crap that didn't actually fall from the sky onto my property, so why do I have to shovel it???".

1 comment:

Kim said...

Can I just say that I love reading your posts! The moving to Dallas bit is NOT an option! :) I will come and shovel for you just to keep you all up here! If we weren't skiing on Friday, I would be driving up this weekend to hang out. Promise, it will be another weekend soon!

I would love to hear more about the table setting game. Lou will have to explain it to me sometime on skype! :)

Love you bunches and thanks again for sharing your sweet stories!