Saturday, February 27, 2010

Pelican

When we lived in San Diego, I discovered that I really like pelicans. I know they don't have the majestic image of an eagle or falcon, or cuteness of a penguin, or make pretty music like a songbird. But its very impressive to watch a flock of pelicans glide just over the tops of the ocean waves. They are so big and graceful in the air. And their pouch is just hilarious. Anyway, when I saw a super cheap pelican toy holder at IKEA, I decided I needed it.


Happy Birthday to me. I'm using it to hold mittens and hats for the kids since they can't reach the baskets I was using.


He even has a tongue. (Yes, real pelicans have tongues, I checked.)

He makes me smile when I look in that corner of the room. Now I need a name!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I didn't realize it was suspended, I really like it (at your house).
is it only a winter pelican - or will it hold sun hats and . . . sunscreen?

Kim said...

I love love love this!!!!! Do they have penguin ones? ;)