
(photo by Grandma C)
Laura attended a Pinkalicious 4 year old birthday party today.
Oh my.
I was so out of my element that I had to leave.
That's not really why I left. I left because after about an hour, she loudly proclaimed "Mom, would you leave?" sigh. already. And I wasn't embarressing her in any way. I was very quietly standing to the side talking to the other mom who stayed. In fact, Laura came downstairs from playing with her friends to tell me this. I had told her earlier that I might leave if she felt comfortable and was having fun (and if I felt comfortable with the supervision). I guess she decided she was comfortable! So I got to enjoy some of the party, see her being a crazy little squealing girl in someone else's house, watch her play "Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake" and then I dashed off to parts unknown.
Parts unknown ended up being the yarn store, the woodworking store, and Sonic. I bought yarn, cord to fix the bottom of a chair, and a go cart frame. Yes, a go cart. It was on mega sale and looked too much fun to pass up. It will work great the way it is, or you can build the box around it. It has pedals, a brake and a steering wheel, of course. Pictures in the spring, if I can wait that long!
No comments:
Post a Comment