Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Christmas celebration #1

Yes, we had THREE Christmas celebrations this year. It was pretty crazy and we have way too much loot, but we enjoyed them all.
The first was at home about a week before Christmas. Kim was here "on her way" to our parent's house in Oklahoma, so she helped us celebrate. The day started with special Christmas pancakes, ala Jim and Laura. They used cookie cutters to make Christmas shapes. I hope that becomes a tradition. It was fun and something to do together that didn't involve presents. I have a picture of the pancakes, but it really isn't too appetizing so I left that out. But they tasted delicious!
After breakfast, we opened our gifts to each other.

Is it time? Is it time?
(Actually, I'm usually the one pushing to open gifts, but I like to blame it on Jim and the kids.)


Stockings always have the best stuff, in my opinion.


Adam loved the bows. Throughout the entire season, he has loved the bows. Check out Jim's huge calculator from the kids in the background. Bet he'll get a few laughs at work with that.


Jim and Laura decided to make Jesus a birthday cake. Didn't get a picture of the finished product, but it was delicious too. I'm liking these food related traditions!


Our Charlie Brown Christmas tree for the living room.


Adam was so happy to finally be able to play with the gate from around the Christmas presents. Between the bows and the gate, he wasn't too interested in the actual presents.


Later in the day, there was some reading.


And pretend napping.




And sincere attempts at napping. Yes, my eyes are closed.

All in all, it was an excellent first Christmas celebration for the year. We're so glad Kim joined us. More celebrations to follow...

2 comments:

michelle said...

Looks like a great dress rehearsal!

Kim said...

Hey! Quit playing that Wii and having mega fun with mom and get Christmas #2 and #3 done!!! :) Love you and I really LOVE this blog! Makes me smile ALL the time!