Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shake Shack

Here's a weird thought - someone from Shake Shack in New York City read my blog. Check on the comment from the New York ! #4 post on Saturday July 6:


1 comment:

Shake Shack said...
Jenny, thanks so much for taking the time to visit Shake Shack on your recent trip to NYC. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience, so I hope you'll be able to give us another shot next time you're in town.

Hope you had an awesome vacation!

Brandy, SHAKE SHACK


OK, let's be realistic. I firmly believe in the theory that nothing on the internet is private, including Twitter, Blogs, emails, etc; as well as its ancestor, the adage "Never put anything on paper that you don't want the world to read." But seriously, how crazy is it that Shake Shack is cruising the internet looking for tiny little sentences about their store on tiny little blogs like mine. This is the only line in that post referencing Shake Shack:

That night, we met Jim for dinner at Shake Shack, which was good, but not necessarily worth the wait and standing up to eat since there weren't any tables available

I'm not saying I feel violated or anything. My blog isn't private or secured, except that you can't search for it in search engines like Google. Supposedly you have to know the address to find it. When you type Jenny and Jim into Google, all you get are reference to Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey. What I'm saying is that Shake Shack must have a lot of extra money to pay someone to track down these things and respond (very kindly, I must say) to each one. Imagine how far down my blog must be when you type "Shake Shack" into Google!! I wonder if it is because I included a hyperlink and they can trace it back that way? Just for fun, I will make every mention of Shake Shack into a hyperlink. I wonder if Brandy will read this entry too??

No comments: