Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Picking berries

We picked berries at Sam's farm for the second time this year. 
Note to self: wait for the fall strawberries to pick a large quantity! I know spring strawberries are exciting, but the fall ones are much sweeter and less picked over. 

Raspberries weren't great this year, but strawberries made up for it. I still have jars and jars of jam from previous years, so I didn't bother to get enough for jammin'. But our freezer and bellies are full!


Laura was at school, I missed her more than I expected. She is a great picker and has been since she was very little. I remember picking raspberries one year when she was about 2 and wondering where she was at one point. She was on the next row, quietly and carefully picking away.




But Adam was a lot of fun, too

No comments: