Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Speedy Jenny
I ran FAST on Saturday. I ran the same Historic River Run 5K as last year and beat my time by over 5 minutes! How is that even possible? I knew I was doing well and pushing myself, but my goodness! And I beat my all-time rate on my own 5K course near our house by 3 minutes. I was thinking about cutting back the running and pursuing some other kind of cardio exercise because I didn't feel I was making much progress, but this is pretty encouraging. I used a secret that I learned in a running class this summer: shadow the footprints of someone in front of you and lose yourself in the right left right left right left... It worked! Now, I just need to get a little more mentally tough and make myself keep the pace when I'm on my own. Or...hire a pacer to come with me on every run. Any volunteers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go Jenny! We are proud of you. Linda and David
Nice work! Running is such great exercise, I am glad you learned the right left trick. I have never gotten strong enough at running to do that. Swimming yes, running, no.
Post a Comment