What's new with us? Well, obviously, not very many pictures. But we've been having a good time.
Grandma Ann just left us after a wonderful week's visit. We always enjoy her stays and its a perfect time for her to see all the other family we have up here too.
I've been spending an unusual amount of time teaching. I taught kid's church last Sunday to 4 and 5 year olds for the first time and taught Faith Formation to 4th graders last night for the first time. The 4 and 5 year olds are easier!!! But the 4th graders were kind of fun too. Exhausting, but fun.
Adam and I went to his apple orchard field trip. That went pretty well. First time on a school bus for him! Very exciting. Surely I have some pictures somewhere?
Laura's been busy at school. Its just starting to hit me how little I will see her from now on. And she missed so much when my mom was here. She is loving school and blossoming and learning, but it is bittersweet. She is off school tomorrow and I find myself looking forward to it. I hope I'm not fooling myself. :)
What else? I've been reading a lot. I just finished a book called African Women by Mark Mathabane about his grandmother, mother and sister and their lives in South Africa as they struggle through apartheid and the switch from living in the tribal lands by ancient customs to living in the ghetto of the city. Very interesting and I'd like to read his other books about his own life growing up.
Apparently I've been busy since I haven't been blogging, but this is all I can come up with. Pictures someday, I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment