We accidentally had such a fun weekend!! While laying on the couch Saturday morning discussing breakfast options, I (very uncharacteristically) said "Let's go to McDonalds!" Jim surprised us by taking us to the Inver Grover Heights McDonalds, which as a better play land (yes, I know its not 'Grover', but its more fun to say). After Adam completely shocked me by having a great time up in the tunnels, we went across the street to a little pond and tried to catch some fish. At some point in the morning, we realized this was IGH Days, and that we were standing on the corner where the parade started at 11:00. Despite not even a bite on our lures, we managed to keep happy fishing long enough for the parade to start. People really have a lot more energy at the beginnings of parades than the end! This year was different than in the past because both kids were brave enough to run out there and grab their own candy, fending for themselves among the other little ones.
I'm not sure if I should be proud of their confidence, or worried about their greed?
About halfway through the parade, I looked across the street and saw our good friends, Amanda, Matt, Mimi, Rowan and Isla. Laura and Mimi met in school last year, and Amanda and I really connected. So Laura and I spent the rest of the parade over there with them catching up on all the 1st week of school stuff. (Oh my goodness, I haven't posted about that yet!)
So none of the morning was planned, but it turned out full of so much fun, and sugar!
After the parade, we packed up and went on a hastily planned, last minute camping trip at Lake Byllesby near Cannon Falls, MN.
This turned out wonderfully too. The campground is very weird and not exactly rustic. Its like a huge city park, and there are just random posts with numbers on it. You pitch your tent near your assigned number on a large grassy lawn. Strange, but the kids had a blast being able to go to the playground nearby and all the campers were nice, friendly, and non-party-ers.
The boys slept in the tent on the left and the girls on the right. Soon after this picture, we put the rainflys on them because the wind was gusting at 35mph and it got down to 49 that night. Brrrr! But much better than camping in the heat!
Good morning sleepy head!






1 comment:
Looks like a perfect campground for the kiddos! That play structure looks great.
Post a Comment