Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tough decisions

Not looking for a debate or advice, this is just a thought I had a few days ago...

I am taking a class at the church about the role and responsibilities of the government. It has been interesting, but has opened my eyes about why I buried my head in the sand for so long. Everything is so complicated. The Church takes a very balanced approach, which means it doesn't fully agree with any political party on all issues. I leave the class feeling very heavy spirited and confused. It makes me want to quit and just go back to hanging with the kids, chatting with friends, baking bread, etc. But I feel its important. I know I'll leave the class with more questions than answers, but I've always preached that you can't complain about the government if you haven't made some serious effort to learn about it and participate in at least the smallest way by voting.  I've always voted on gut decisions and now I'm making some effort to get different view points and understand as much as I can, even though its no fun at all. Am I growing up?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jenny!
Maureen