School! School! School!
I'm so glad there is school!
Laura is having an absolute blast. Its been almost 3 weeks and I think she loves every aspect of it. The bus ride, recess, her teacher, lunch with her friends, music, art, gym, library books, on and on and on. This is her first year of full day and many of those things are brand new to her. She's such a brave girl, ready for anything and everything. She is comfortable socially, is a sponge in academics, and is a fanatic rule follower. It makes me smile to think of her jumping on the bus everyday and jumping off the bus, beaming, with her mouth running rampant telling me all about her day.
More good news: Adam's preschool has gone so well! We spent one day together at the school getting to know the teachers and the room. He was nervous, but loved all the new toys and activities. My concerns about the teacher were completely wrong; she is personable, approachable and huggable. He has gone one day by himself this week with a few tears when I left, but lots of smiles when I picked him up. He is excited about going back tomorrow, which I think is the truest test of all. I hope this year brings him more comfort socially, both with the kids and the teachers. I know he'll love the projects, books, and songs and proudly bring me some piece of art every single school day.


1 comment:
I am so relieved for you that Adam likes school and has warmed up to his teacher. Yahoo!
Post a Comment