Found a poster for a free walking tour at dinner last night(great pub!)
I showed up for the tour today, but just barely. I didn't sleep much last night and had to force my mind to work after a too-short nap this morning. Plus I looked out the window and it was raining. That was *almost* enough excuse to stay in bed, but I rallied and made it out the door. I grabbed a quick lunch at a very hip noodle shop, then met the tour guide. She was actually from Italy and very nervous for her first tour. Very sweet girl (lady?). In fact their was an Italian theme to our group. There was a couple who quit their jobs and were spending a year traveling the world. The woman had lived in Italy years ago. And there was an Indian graduate student living in Genoa, Italy. I don't think there is a big link between Italy and Finland, just coincidence. The tour was great, people very nice and I stopped at a museum afterwards that was recommended by someone in the group. I stopped for gelato on the way back, which seemed appropriate ( and delicious!). Now I'm pooped again, but so glad I went. The sky cleared up for the tour but is clouding over again now. Guess that means naptime again!
No comments:
Post a Comment