Fancy French meal at the restaurant downstairs last night. Five forks and five courses. It was fantastic and the waitress was very kind and patient with us.
We were so tired last night that we took an hour nap before we could change into our PJs for bed.
But I finally slept last night! First night that I got more than 3-4 hours of sleep. Jim woke up for an hour an half somewhere in there, but he was able to go back to sleep. We both agree that we are feeling better this morning.
It has been quite cloudy out, with patches of rain here and there. Because of the clouds and the length of days here, 10am looks like 4pm which looks like 10pm which looks like 4am. But as strange at that is, I can only imagine what it would be like to have it exactly opposite in December. Three hours of daylight a day would seriously tax my sanity.
Daily chats with the kids on Facetime is amazing! Some things about technology can be so awesome; free video chatting between continents is one of them. Between our chats and updates from Jim's parents, it seems like they are getting along very well and having fun.
I'm glad I decided not to take any major trips during our time here in Tampere. We had talked about me spending a day or two in London or Oslo or Stockholm or somewhere "more exciting". But honestly, this has been a great time to recover from the time change, get to know this very nice town, and take some downtime to read, sleep and relax sans kids.
Tomorrow, I will seek out a laundromat. And then Tuesday, we take a train up to Rovaniemi, a town 5 miles south of the Arctic circle. Then it will be Jim's chance to switch to vacation mode too!
No comments:
Post a Comment