My mom was visiting last week. We sent her home with a nasty cold and she missed our blooms by a week. Bummer! But we were glad she came to visit!
Columbine from my mom's garden
We call this the rocket plant (from my mom's garden)
Coral Bells (from my mom's garden)
Daisies (from Uncle Richard's garden)
My new garden by the kitchen window turned out very nicely. Ferns from my mom. Some kind of ground cover and some coral bells from the farmer's market. Day lilies from a generous person on freecycle.com.
And a rhododendron that I am super excited about. I had no idea what I was getting when we bought it, but once it gets a little bigger, I think it will look really nice in that back corner.
I read a quote the other day that said tulips teach us to live in the moment. For me - it is this lilac bush. I gush about it all the time and walk out there every day for 2 weeks each year while it is in bloom. It's scent is so intoxicating.
1 comment:
I too love the smell of a lilac bush. Yours is really loaded! Enjoy!
Maureen
Post a Comment