Jim and I ventured out after dark! It was spectacular. And we also enjoyed the musical Wicked.
Michelle asked me how I got Jim to join me for a musical. I told her that I asked him when would be a good day for me to go see it (thinking he would stay with the kids), and he set me straight that he was going with me. He's a man of great depth, I tell you. And I love it.
The show was spectacular. Vicki Noon played Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West - she's the green one) and her voice totally blew us away. Her voice was so powerful and clear. She made the show for me. I haven't stopped singing Defying Gravity in my mind since we saw it.
We both liked the 1st half better than the 2nd, so I wouldn't say this was the absolute best show I've ever seen. I think my top picks are The Lion King and Rent. I think Les Miserables, Wicked and Fiddler on the Roof are my next favorites, and Chicago and Phantom of the Opera after that. I hate to put Phantom so low, but I think I built it up so much in my mind that it could never have met my expectations. I definitely did enjoy it, but I wouldn't say that it moved me as much as the others.
I can't remember any more that I've seen. I wonder what I'm leaving out? Do you have any favorites that we should see?
1 comment:
Did you see HairSpray?
Post a Comment