Sunday, October 26, 2008

Laura's new bed

Jim's folks brought up Jim's old bed, which also happens to be his dad's old bed from when he was a little boy. So there's a lot of history in this bed! 

Here's Jim's ingenious system for painting the bed. It turned out very nice.

Laura's first night was a little rough. She didn't really seem too scared, just unsure about the new room. The bed wasn't a problem at all. She didn't roll out or seem worried about that. But the big-ness of the room made her nervous. It took her about 3 hours to go to sleep, but after she fell asleep she made it through the night with only one incident where she needed help with her new blankets. Her nap today went pretty well. She got out of bed a few times, but apparently tucked herself back in and slept for about an hour and a half. So we'll see how tonight goes. This picture is from the next morning after she woke up. Its very cozy to cuddle up with her on the bed! Jim and I both enjoy it.

I will try to get a picture of her whole room posted soon. I think we'll try to find some wall stickers for decoration rather than painting. 

4 comments:

Krodor said...

wall stickers >> painting.

Anonymous said...

Be sure the stickers will come off without messing up the wall so you don't have to repair and paint.

Kim said...

You are such a cute little family! I love all the pics and I think wall stickers will be a lot of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Love Jim in L's hyper girl, pink bed.. What a great dad.