Yesterday, Laura and I hosted some new friends. There was a Japanese lady in my last ECFE class that is only living here for a few months. I remember how hard it was to just be alone all the time in the Philippines, so I invited her over for lunch and a playdate. She brought another one of her friends who also has a 2 year old to translate. I was very nervous, but it turned out to be great! We had a lot of fun and it was very comfortable. Oh, and the kids had fun too! The girl's name is Saya and the boy's name is Jin. I found out that they do have a Japanese speaking playgroup that they go to once a week, so I was really glad to hear she has made other friends here that she can communicate with.

2 comments:
Hey! Those are totally cute little ones!!! Glad you had a good time! :)
That certainly was nice of you to invite them. I am sure they enjoyed it too!
Post a Comment