
I made cheese tonight!!! I know it sounds crazy, but after reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver, I was really excited about making cheese. Jim got me a cheese making kit for my birthday and I tried it out tonight. It didn't curd exactly like it was supposed too, but after I worked with it a little, it turned out beautifully! I can't believe how easy it was! It took 30 minutes to make 3/4 of a pound of mozzarella. The kit will make up to 40 pounds, so I have lots of tries left. It also makes ricotta, but I really like mozzarella better, so we'll see if I ever do the ricotta.

2 comments:
This is soooo cool! I wish I would have stayed one day longer and I could have tasted it! :)
I do too, Kim! It was delicious right after I made it, but a few hours later, it changed into a strange consisitency. So I'm thinking that it didn't turn out perfectly after all. But it was fun and I'm definitely going to try again!
Thanks for coming to see us. We had a blast!
Post a Comment