I'm gonna be brave and say it - Winter is over (take that Starks!). Maybe I'll regret that, but surely we must be close. Its been a weird one. No real snow until January, then it totally dumped on us for 2 straight months. But it never really got me down like some winters, maybe I'm getting tough.
The kids did some skiing this year! Laura had been with school one time last year and liked it. And Adam took a few lessons this year and liked it.

I built a quinzhee! (With lots of help from the fam)
Its different from an igloo in the it is subtractive instead of additive. You make a giant mound of snow, then dig out the inside. I had to conquer a little bit of claustrophobia while digging, but I'm proud to say I did it!!
It was crazy big inside, We couldn't stand, but could comfortably sit with lots of room over our heads.
sad, melty quinzhee















No comments:
Post a Comment