Here she is with as much of the crew as I could catch at the same time.
I think hanging with her friends and watching the rest of the teams was almost as fun as earning trophies.
And boy, did she earn trophies! A few hours later, she competed with her individual form. She blew the other girls away. I wish you could see their forms so you'd understand how awesome this was. But taping them for that reason didn't seem right somehow. Just believe me, she's much more crisp, polished, intense, and confident.
(Why is she the only one looking the wrong way? I don't know. Also notice: she has the shabbiest equipment; her footpads are duck taped together. Well, so what? She still beat them all.)
Then it was time for sparring. She has been sparring with brown and black belts 3-4 years older than her and 1-2 heads taller. It paid off and she won 3 matches in a row for 1st place! They weren't all easy, though. The 2nd match had to go to a tie-breaker, but she still won.
This is the final match. This girl did some trash talking to Laura beforehand, but she took it all in stride and beat her.
You should see how confidently she handled everything all day. She even squeezed some homework in between events. I was the only one showing any nerves. She never ceases to impress me.
Fantastic job, Laura!!

No comments:
Post a Comment