Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sewing School

One of those gifts that actually worked out...a sewing book for Laura. I did a lot of research and picked Sewing School by Andria Lisle and Amie Plumley. It has been so wonderful! 

So far she has made a pin cushion, a "needle book" to hold her needles,

A first attempt at a stuffed animal,

A second attempt at a stuffed animal,

A sleeping mask for me,

Glasses case for Jim,

A name tag for Ava,


And the pièce de résistance, a skirt! 
She picked out the material and used the sewing machine, so this was pretty darn exciting. It was cool to see her wear it to school proudly. I even learned something while I helped - how to make a casing for elastic.

She had a hole in the knee of her pants the other day and the first thing she said was "I can sew it back together!" I love that she feels empowered to just go downstairs and make something.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that she is enjoying this new hobby! The skirt is adorable! I am really proud of her. Great job, Lou! Love, Aunt Kim

michelle said...

Yay!Such a great feeling of accomplishment.