I tell you, these kids keep trying new things and growing and growing.
By his own insistence, Adam is trying a 2 week trial of karate. He's doing pretty well, considering he's only 4 1/2. He gets pretty goofy sometimes, but the Mr. Quinn assured me that "I will always win" any discipline battle and I feel pretty sure of that.
So far, he's been enjoying it. I think it might come down to the teacher's opinion of his maturity level. We may end up waiting a few months and trying again, but I hate to dash his enthusiasm if we don't have to.
Laura earned a new belt.
She moved on from white with 2 gold stripes to white with one green stripe. When she joins the youth classes at age 8 or 9, she will get a full green or blue or whatever belt, instead of the white with colored stripe. And she is still as enthusiastic as ever about karate.
She played her first piano recital on Monday. She did a marvelous job and I think she was impressed by the older players.





No comments:
Post a Comment