Laura spent one sleepless night anxiously trying to decide between a snowy owl and a great horned owl, but was always going to be an owl. Why? I can't tell you. Its not a favorite character in a book or TV show, never even been an animal she talked about particularly. But there you have it. An OWL!
And just like Laura, Adam knew instantly that he wanted to be a tornado. He's always been fascinated with them. Actually, it started out to be more of a fear of them, but has turned into an interest. For a while, I think he thought they were alive and something that you could talk to or kill. I think he's getting the idea now, though. He wasn't sure he liked wearing it at first because it's pretty poofy. But after his school parade, I think he was proud of it. It is such a novel costume that he got a lot of attention from the adults. Its nice to see him receiving positive attention, and it made him fell really good. I particularly like the houses, cows, cars and trees swirling around him, though I'm not sure he completely understood why they were there.
Now that Halloween is over, what do I do with homemade owl and tornado costumes?



No comments:
Post a Comment