Thursday, February 9, 2012

La Crosse

The kids and I rode an Amtrak train to La Crosse, WI this morning! It was great. It was a three hour ride and went pretty well. Loved the flexibility to get up and move, use the restroom, check out different cars, have a meal in the dining car. The only negative was the fact that there are many other (more than I thought!) people around who are all very quiet. Adam just isn't too great and quiet yet. His voice is loud and constant. But there were enough diversions to keep it all pretty smooth and we were happy to have nice neighbors who seemed welcoming of the activity.
The hotel picked us up a little after we arrived. Our hotel had a great restaurant for lunch and kids' meals are free! Woohoo! Our room wasn't ready yet, so we went for a swim. The room was ready soon after that and we chilled in the room for a bit. After, we walked around downtown about. We are in a great location with tons of cute shops up and down the streets nearby and the river just a block away. The kids were pretty cold, tired and whiny, but we checked out the river, a few shops, stopped in a church to warm up our hands (thanks God!), and powered on to the local library. That turned out to be great: reading, exploring, and computers. A dash home thru the cold, dinner, another swim, and the kids were wiped out. I put them in the same bed sleeping the wrong direction with their own blankets. So far, so good! I'm in the other end of the room with a light and the tv on and they don't seem to mind. There is a bathroom and a small hallway in between, so it kind of is like 2 rooms without a door in between

Tomorrow, we head to the Childrens museum. I'm not sure what else, but I better figure that out. It's forecasted to be pretty chilly!

1 comment:

michelle said...

Can you plan our weekends for us? That sounds like a blast! We still have no plans for the weekend and it's Friday night.