Saturday, February 11, 2012

La Crosse Day 2

Friday morning started rough but worked out great. Adam woke up at 4:55am, still clearly exhausted, but unwilling to sleep or let me sleep. I unreasonably yelled at him, he unreasonably screamed, I unreasonably lectured him on all the people he was disturbing, he unreasonably cried louder. It finally dawned on me that he had all the power in this situation. You can't physically make someone sleep (or eat, pee or poop, I've learned), so I decided to act like an adult and a caring parent and we made it long enough for cartoons to come on the TV.
Breakfast downstairs, a swim, TV hoping they would fall asleep since they were both kind of manically exhausted. But no luck, so we bundled up better than the day before. There was much less whining about the walk. First we ventured to the Children's Musuem. I can't wait to show you those pictures! It is a fantastic musuem. When attitudes started to go downhill, we had lunch at a yummy place called Fayze's and headed back to the hotel for a nap. I got lucky: Adam slept and Laura didn't. After that, we all felt much better and headed back to the Children's Museum to finish what we had missed. Dinner back at the hotel, and then Jim showed up! We had to try the pool with Dad before bedtime. Everyone slept very nicely.
Great day!

No comments: