Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Laura at Minneapolis Orchestra Hall



She had a field trip with school to Orchestra Hall. I was so lucky to chaperone and when they needed volunteers to help the kids try the cello, I jumped at the chance. It was wonderful and heartbreaking. I sincerely miss making music with a group and I don't know how to get that back into my life right now. But it was truly amazing to see how much Laura enjoyed the whole experience. 

It is certainly her decision, but I am willing to bet that she will find a way to play an instrument or sing as soon as it is available. She is signed up to be in the "angel choir" at our Christmas performance at church and is very excited. 

I wonder if the above picture will make my mom cry? 
She looks a lot like me. 
(Not that I was playing cello at 4!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Does your sister count?! *tears* She does look a lot like you and has music in every bone in her body! :) Thank you for sharing this special pic!

Anonymous said...

I know her Great Grandma Phyllis will love it. She played the cello very well.
Love you all,
Maureen