Saturday, August 15, 2009

most welcome help

Here's a surprise: Parenting is hard. Write that one down in your journal, its important to remember. I am aware that I often make it tougher than it has to be and I definitely whine about it more than other moms I know. People keep assuring me its because sleep deprivation is an actual form of torture, so I'm starting the day off with a serious disadvantage, but that's all going to change soon (right Adam?). Anyway, my Mom stayed on a few days after the baptism to help get me back in working order and to play pretend with Laura for 72 hours straight. Her visit made us feel like this:

We loved it so much, we cajoled her into coming back in a couple of weeks to help while Jim's out of town for a week. Here she is working her magic, teaching Laura to play Slap Jack and wrangling Adam at the same time:
Love you Mom!

No comments: