Wednesday, December 10, 2008

doing good

dare i say that 2 kids is already going better than 1? Laura has been a delight so far this week and it seems like the extra activities that we get from Adam's presence have filled in the gaps where Laura and I would get bored and irritated with each other. I know there will still be hard times, but I've ended each day this week pretty happy and on pretty good terms with Laura. Just crossing my fingers that it continues...

Can I really complain that I'm so busy when I've never written this much in my blog before? 

I never knew that legs could be such fun toys. Whenever I'm feeding Adam and Laura needs some entertaining, I can get pretty creative with my legs. They can be a bridge, a horse, a gate, a door, etc. Probably good exercise, too!

Actually started thank you notes tonight, with Laura's help. Might even get them out before Christmas. What does that mean for my Christmas cards, though? Maybe by Valentines Day?

Whatever you do, don't buy a black nursing shirt. Cheesy baby spit up shows up like a flashing light bulb. 

Next time you make hot chocolate, drop a whole candy cane in there while its still hot and then wait for it to melt and dissolve. delish

1 comment:

AmyO said...

Most fun nursing-time game for the older one? Scavenger Hunt! goes like this:
"Go...find...a....RED BALL!"
"Found it!"
"Go...find...a....green crayon!"
"Found it!"
"Go...find...a....book with a dog in it!"
Etc.....
Then I always ended with
"Go...find...Mama and you a SNACK!"
They can get some pretty cool snacks....like celery leaves topped with a dollop of peanut butter and a sprinkling of raisins. Never thought of that!

Although, the 'leg game' you have going doesn't involve any cleanup...