Friday, July 17, 2020

Great Basin National Park

Because we were in the area, Jim really wanted to stop by Great Basin National Park. Going to all the National Parks has become an item on his bucket list and this is somewhere he probably won't be seeking out on its own. It turns out it isn't somewhere many people seek out. If you take the time to drive far back into the park, there are apparently very pretty river/mountain/meadow scenes and lovely-ness. Also caves. Also a glacier. Alas, the glacier road was closed for construction, the caves were closed for Covid, and didn't feel invested enough to venture deep into the park for more river/mountain/meadow scenes. But we officially can say we went to Great Basin. I did learn about the park from the visitor's center and wish that I had the chance to tour the caves and see the glacier. Maybe some day, who knows? 

Anyways, on the way out of the park, there's a little awning and display about the ranching in the area, so I made the family stop and get out to get something useful out of our trip to Great Basin National Park.





No comments: