Monday, September 5, 2016

Pennsylvania!

Our last-minute time share planning led us to Lake Harmony, PA this year. It was weird timing, just before school starts, and the resort didn't come even close to the awesomeness of some of our previous experiences. But we definitely found some fun and made some happy memories! 

(My picture order is sooooo messed up for some reason, and I'm too lazy to fix it.)  


Hickory Run State Park hiking:






A crazy big, natural boulder field in Hickory Run:


Laura is on the biggest rock she could find, waaaayyyy far away.


Adam's showing off his hula hooping skills:



Rocky Balboa's shoe prints at the top of the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art:




National Constitution Center (an awesome museum!):

Serious President Jenny

Serious President Adam

Sunny President Laura



More Hickory Run hiking:







Confusing sign





Boulder field again:









Teeny playground near the hotel:

This was literally the ONLY thing to do within walking distance of our room. No swimming pool, hiking trail, game room, board games, etc. I know I sound spoiled, but we've been spoiled so far and this wasn't up to par. Also, anything besides the swimming pools and ping pong cost extra, and a LOT extra. Anyways, no more whining, I promise.



We did spring for the waterpark one day (actually a nice lady passed along 3 free tix :) ):





 

I did it too, there's just no video proof :)



 Just chilling in the room:


We went on a tour at Crystal Cave:





Corn on the Cob Stalactite



Running up the Rocky steps in Philly:





Thinking people:


These jokers were supposed to be taking pictures of Jim and I, but had the camera facing them instead. Goofballs



Had to take picture of ball bearing factory in honor of Hogan's Heroes: 




Back at the National Constitution Center:

Jim for President

George Washington was TALL

Liberty Bell

Independence Hall

Our flight out left at 6:00am.



Not pictured are our tour of the Philadelphia Mint, a game of mini-golf, a freezing swimming beach, the springs popping out of the kids' mattress, and a beer/penny candy store where we were frequent customers.

No comments: