Thursday, August 27, 2015

The rest of Seattle

Lots of fun on the rest of the trip too. Our hotel was the nicest I've ever stayed in: separate bedroom with 2 queens, living room with pull out queen, kitchenette, and balcony; free breakfast and dinner; wonderful 4ft heated outdoor pool shaded by surrounding buildings, but was still somehow beautiful; awesome game room with free pool, pinball machine, electronic golf, pacman, etc. I hope the pictures capture everything so I don't forget something big...

Atop the Space Needle

Harry's Invisibility Cloak at the EMP museum *snark*

Inigo's father's sword and the six-fingered man's glove
 at the EMP museum

Outside of the EMP
Great playground out here
We got kicked out of the museum for a false-alarm fire and had a good time.

Pilot Jim at the Museum of Flight

Hurricane!


We could have played with this thing for 30 minutes straight, no problem. I need one in my house for stress relief.

President Laura descending from Air Force One

Jim finally boarded the Concorde

salmon, thinking about swimming up the fish ladder

They are much bigger than I expected!



Postcard-worthy

the kids were sleepy a lot due to the time change, but they handled it all very well

Funny truck and boats on top of the barge
Its a BIG barge headed to Alsaka

The Mountain was out every day except when we went up in the Space Needle

I think this guy on the jet ski is named Orca Bob or something? Apparently he's a regular site on Harbor Tour

Hey Babe!





At the science museum


 

Pike's Place Market

 

I guess this is becoming her thing? Actually, I had to kinda force her to play so I could video it. Geez, mom...

Sorry it's sideways.


And then we spent 2 lovely days with Michelle, John and Odin on their brand new farm. It was awesome seeing them again, enjoying the goats, horses, and dogs, and I even got to supervise some fence building. :)

Awesome way to end our crazy busy summer. Now its two weeks of total laziness and then school starts!

No comments: