Here's the final countertop and backsplash.
We just couldn't decide on tile for the backsplash. We knew we wanted color back there, but felt like all the tiles we could find were so...dated? People will look back in about 20 years and say "oh, that backsplash is from 2014." They are all the same. And also too busy. So, we just painted it the same color as the accent wall, which leaves open the option of tiling later if we find something just fantastic.
The countertops are plain white Corian. I like the feel and look of it. It does stain easier than I would like, but is easily cleaned with Bar Keepers Friend. I think the sink is great, although Jim is struggling with that change. It is also Corian and integrated with the countertop. He feels the classic stainless steel sink just look the way a kitchen sink should look. And we have a new faucet that I'm loving.
And that's the end of the remodel. New lights were considered, but that has fallen off the radar for right now. Maybe someday...
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for it!
Post a Comment