Adam is enjoying himself at Jim's parents' house in Kansas while Laura finishes her last week of school.
Laura is enjoying this whole single child thing :)
Laura, Jim and I packed for Feed My Starving Children last night. It was really fun and I was so impressed with Laura. There was a young man working with us who needed a little extra help, and she was so comfortable with him. She spoke to him easily, helped him when he needed it, didn't talk down to him, or act even remotely scared. Just extremely accepting of his needs and abilities. Her job was to put the bags under the funnel, then weigh them and correct the weight with added or removed rice to make sure they were within a certain range. She handled it all beautifully, and all while wearing a hair net!
We found shoes for both Laura and Jim today, and it only took 2 stores, and they were in the same mall! Its a record.
We bought a nail gun today. Fun and scary!
It is harder than you think to find a cheap copy of Star Wars to watch. I wanted to watch it with Laura while Adam was busy elsewhere and we looked at 2 thrift stores, Walmart, Target, Freecycle, Craigslist, Netflix, anything our TV could connect to, and a pawn shop. It was finally found at the 2nd thrift store and we watched it tonight. She loved it and wants to watch the next two. Luckily, I had found those at the first stop, so we're all set for this week!
Busily completing our kitchen step by step. It is painted, floor is in, countertops are on order, mud room area is organized and in use, some decorations are hanging, and we are working on the trim at the top of the cabinets. Still need to do some thinking about the backsplash.
1 comment:
I was promised pictures of the remodel. I would like to collect please!
Post a Comment