Did I mention I went to Colorado with Kim in January? Our cousin Matt married beautiful Beth and we thought it was a good chance to support them, see family that we haven't spent time with in years, see beautiful Colorado, and spend time with each other. Aside from altitude sickness, we had a very nice time and I loved every minute.
Have you ever taken a really wrong turn, but found something super cool so you were so glad you messed up? Well, while Kim was hanging on to her lunch by a thread due to the altitude and car sickness from Denver to Buena Vista (locally pronounced B-you-na Vista), I followed Google Maps and drove us 45 minutes out of our way. But she held it down and we both momentarily forgot our issues and were awed by these awesome rock tunnels.
I just love it when humans merge with nature, instead of flattening it.
We drove along a gorgeous creek that isn't given proper justice by this picture I may have taken while driving.
Don't see those in Minnesota!
Gorgeous
Bam! There's my massive earring.
And two happy sisters!
A silly and pretty set of concrete furniture in a park.
And the headwaters of the Arkansas river (or Ar-KANSAS according to Jim). I could drop a stick and Mom and Dad could walk right out their door, down to the river, and watch it float by. I wonder how long it would take? Crazy how connected this world is.
Bet you were expecting some pictures of the wedding, huh? Or at least family, or maybe the gorgeous lodge and Young Life ranch where we stayed? Oops. I have a few, very fuzzy pictures of the wedding, but they just don't give it justice. And I was way to busy relaxing at the lodge to worry about snapping pictures. But you'll have to trust me, everything was beyond lovely and perfect. I promise!







No comments:
Post a Comment