Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Amazing things in my life lately

- The finches already have a nest built on the wreath on the front porch, already!
-We got about 6 gallons of sap from our maple tree and boiled it down for some yummy syrup.
-Adam pointed out the name "Bob" from a list. I had no idea he knew that word.
-Laura is reading a ton of sight words. The most recent is "said". If you write that name 15 times in a row, it really starts to look funny.
-I have lots of crocus blooming, and garlic and daffodils peaking through the soil.
-I have confirmed gray hair, and while I keep commenting that "I don't care", I keep commenting that "I don't care", so maybe I care a little?

I recently spent 5 days at home in Oklahoma to attend my Grandpa's funeral and spend time with my Grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, parents, and siblings. It was a terrible, wonderful, sad, relaxing, thoughtful, maturing few days and I will always cherish them as a gift from Grandpa. I connected with cousins that I haven't seen in 15 years. And I spent time with my parents and siblings separate from in-laws or kids. Have you done that as an adult? What a cool experience! I think my parents might have enjoyed having us home a little bit too.

While I was out of town, Jim took over kid-duty, day and night. He did a great job. From my point of view, he sounded a little better on the phone every day. Of course, it was hard to tell if they were just getting each other figured out, or if maybe he was happier because the end was getting closer and closer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this Jenny. And I agree about the time together for Daddy's funeral. Very special. Love you,
Maureen