Tuesday, October 11, 2011

5K attempt #2

I tried another 5K race last weekend. My #1 goal was to run the whole thing, which I did! My #2 goal was to make it in under 37 minutes. Ummmm, didn't exactly make that. In fact, It took me 1.5 minutes longer than the 5K at the zoo, which I walked some. That part was super disappointing, but I guess it gives me something else to work towards. Again, it would help if I didn't have bronchitis the week before the run. I keep having bad timing with my sicknesses. I missed out on training for 3 weeks before the race and my lung capacity was nil. But the run was really pretty. It was along the Mississippi river in downtown Minneapolis, across several bridges and part of it was on an island. The weather was perfect and the leaves are all putting on a good autumn show. I am still enjoying running and plan to keep it up as long as I can brave the cold weather (which hasn't arrived yet).

No comments: