Tuesday, May 31, 2011

C25K

OK, so I've been running. Or actually slowly jogging. My sister Kim and my cousin Annie both inspired me to try the Couch to 5K program. I use my iTouch. It tells you when to walk and when to run. It starts out very do-able, but was still more than I would do in a workout where I was in control:
run 60 sec
walk 90 sec
-repeat many times

I am now on Week 5 and tomorrow I am supposed to run 20 minutes straight.




*crickets chirping*




I don't know what to say about that. Every increase in running time has been daunting, but I've faced it with the attitude of "I'll give it a try and see what I can do."And thus far, I've always been able to complete it. But really, this 20 minute thing is a huge increase from the last segment. I know athletes may think 20 minutes is just a warm up, but for me this is going to be a big deal.
I'll let you know...

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am very proud of you!!!!!