Thursday, February 17, 2011

Michelle, John and Odin

Its time. I can't put it off any longer. Michelle and Odin (John too!) are leaving us in a few days. Wow. I know I can't sufficiently put into words what this means to me. Its going to be rough. Writing this is rough, which is why I put it off so long.

I met Michelle at a La Leche League meeting just about 5 years ago. Laura was about to be born and Odin was very tiny, maybe 2 months? Our friendship has grown out of common interests, common mannerisms (seriously, its scary!), and a need born of the fact that we are both imports into a location where people generally are born, raised, and stay to raise their families among relatives and high school friends.

She is the person I call.

I tried to expand on that, but there's not much more to say. She IS the person I call, whenever anything good/bad/stupid/ridiculous happens or doesn't happen. Aside from family, she's it. Yes, I know I will still call her whenever anything ridiculous happens. But we won't be able to meet for coffee when the kids are at school; we can't meet at the zoo/museum/arboretum/Sam's farm/visitors center/playground so the kids can play while we chat and take a break.

So...yeah. This sucks.

And now I have to find a new emergency contact.

Enough about us. This is a fantastic opportunity for their family to get back to the part of the country that they have been planning to return for years. It sounds like a gorgeous place, perfect for their lifestyle and priorities (co-ops, bike lanes, ski slopes). Have fun in Olympia, Michelle, John and Odin!














 (photo by Michelle)

  (photo by Michelle)

  (photo by Michelle)

  (photo by Michelle)

  (photo by Michelle)







 (photo by Michelle)



3 comments:

Grandma C said...

You are lucky to have found such a good friend--some people never have one.

Kim said...

Goodbye, Michelle, John and Odin! I hope that this move fulfills some of your hopes and dreams. I know Jenny AND especially Laura will miss you all very much! Thanks for being a sister to my sister! Thoughts and prayers! Kim

michelle said...

It really hit me yesterday when we were over for dinner that it was really happening and it was going to be a while before we were at your house again.
I may find a new emergency contact in Oly, but not a new you.