Saturday, November 7, 2009

61 in November?

We took advantage of a nice November day to get the Christmas lights up. In the past years, we have either done very little outside decorating or none at all, but I felt a little festive this year. Jim installed some hooks in the peaks of the roof and we bought a telescoping pole, so next year, we shouldn't have to get on the roof at all. The lights kind of swoop up to the peak instead of a straight line, but we're happy with it and still alive; our roof is VERY steep and high and we didn't want to spend anymore time on it than necessary. I tried to climb up there for about 15 minutes, but couldn't psych myself up enough to get my second foot off the ladder.

I wish I had a video of the moment when Adam first saw Jim on the roof. He was so excited and kept dancing around and pointing at Jim and then looking at me.


Here's me using the pole to hook the lights at the top. I'll have to put up pics at Christmas time because I didn't take any good pictures of the test lighting and I wasn't planning on lighting them again until after Thanksgiving. There is one more section that we haven't quite figured out how to do (read: we will probably not do this year), but other than that, we are all done. Looking forward to not messing with that in the cold (if it ever gets cold...not that I'm griping!).

No comments: