Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday thoughts

Its marching band season! I love it. We live near a high school and I swear they were practicing Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. "Mama mia let me go-ooo-ooo-ooo-oo..."

I made a stew tonight that called for a head of garlic. That's a head, not a clove. You should have smelled my house. It was odor-ific. And the stew was great too.

Laura has been bitten by the Bob the Builder bug. I've decided I'm OK with that. I mean, it could be Bratz, or Barbie, or Spongebob or any number of more irritating and more objectionable characters. I'm sure those are coming, but for now we're on Bob. (oh and its my fault because I bought and showed her video) The timing has been perfect because we have been laying down new mulch in our gardens and there are a ton of opportunities for her to pretend being all the different machines and dig, lift, mix, spread, etc. The sandbox is also great right now too.

If Laura is into Bob, Adam is into airplanes. He looks for them when he hears them, he signed it the other day when the dishwasher made a similar noise, and I swear he says something similar to ahh-pahh, but maybe I'm just imagining things. He seems to better understand what is going on and has figured out how to communicate his like or dislike of things. Mainly by smiling if he likes it, or arching his back and screaming if he doesn't like it. Well, I guess all babies do that almost from birth, but it seems more mature, somehow. No new teeth coming out yet, but 4 or 5 are still just under the surface so you can see them. They don't seem to be causing him any problems right now, thank goodness. Sleep has improved. Don't want to say more incase I jinx it.

I wonder why Laura's socks and underwear sizes are in the Girls section, but her clothes are still in toddlers?

No comments: