Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggs!

Kim spent a long weekend with us and we had a great time. She and Laura took and adventure on Friday, we watched some movies, dyed Easter eggs, grilled out on the deck, and went to our cousin's house for Easter dinner. Thanks for coming Kim! We had lots of fun! Here are some pictures of the eggs.

We colored them with crayons first. It was a family affair. I think Kim wins for the prettiest and Jim wins for the most creative. 
Laura wins for the cutest!

We used natural dyes, and I wouldn't recommend blueberries. It doesn't exactly turn out blue, more like dark gray. But the turmeric turned a nice yellow and the beets made an OK pink. I hope I remember to check this next year so I will remember what worked and didn't. We had about the same results last year, but I forgot and repeated the beets for barely acceptable results. The ones pictured are the eggs we had remaining after playing a game at our cousin's house. Everyone gets an egg. You tap the pointy end of your egg with someone else's and only one will break. Then you find someone else to tap with. The last unbroken egg wins. We played this last year too, so I guess its becoming our tradition. 

No comments: